Everyone is binge-watching TV shows on Netflix and really are up-to-date on every single movie and TV series. Everybody likes to talk about the shows that they’ve watched and also want their friends to watch them and then discuss it or just want to watch shows/movies with their long distance friends and share the experience and watch each other’s reactions. Do you think it is possible to just watch Netflix with your friends online?
Well, Yes. There are many ways where you can just sit at your home and watch Netflix or other streaming platforms together with your friends and chat (of course). No, I’m not talking about video chatting on Zoom and sharing-screen… Nope! There are some really cool ways to do it while having the exact experience of like watching alone at home on TV/Laptop.
It is in the name… ‘Party’!! Netflix Party is a chrome extension that allows you to watch Netflix with friends by making a group which all your friends can join and watch while having chat ON on the screen.
- Browser – Google Chrome
- All the friends should have their own Netflix accounts
- Everyone should have this extension added
- Applicable only for Netflix
How to use Netflix Party :
- Go to https://www.netflixparty.com/
- Click on ‘Get Netflix Party for free’ (it will take you the extension window)
- Select ‘Add to Chrome’
- Open Netflix
- Select the movie/ show you want to watch
- Pause the movie/show, click on the NP extension on the top right
- Select ‘Watch Party’
- Copy the link and send it to friends to join the party
and that’s it. You are hosting a Netflix Watch Party sitting at your home. The only thing that is limited in NP is that only text chat is available. Yes, you can’t talk to them or see them while watching the show. To overcome this we have another extension that will allows you to video chat with your friends while watching Netflix.
Scener Virtual Studio is used when you want to watch with video chat ON. This is not limited to Netflix unlike Netflix Party extension, you can watch Amazon Prime, Disney, HBO Max etc with friends online. It also allows to to record the video chats so that you can cut out the clips of your friends’ best reaction and share on social media.
- Browser – Google Chrome
- All the friends should have their own streaming accounts
- Every friend should have this extension installed
How to use Scener :
- Go to https://www.scener.com/
- Click on ‘Get Scener’
- Next click on ‘Add Scener’
- After Scener extension is added, click on ‘Open Scener’
- A new screen with get opened on the right side of the screen and click on ‘Create Free Account’
And you’re done. Go to any streaming service, open Scener and host a watch party. Give the link to your friends so they can join the fun with you or can go out with a girl for a Netflix date in this time of lockdown while staying at home.